This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xfree86 fails to see/render TrueType fonts
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:31:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: xfree86 fails to see/render TrueType fonts
- References: <IMEDKPLHDOLIKADDEMBGIEFDCBAA.bax3.NO@SPAM.bigfoot.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:26:20AM -0800, Michael Bax wrote:
>XFree86 fails to render TTF fonts on my computer. This is true for the
>bundled fonts/TTF/* as well as the Windows fonts.
This is not the right mailing list for cygwin-xfree observations.
>There are two problems:
>1. XFree86 does not appear to include the X11 fonts/TTF directory in the
>font path by default. This can be shown by removing the Luxi fonts in the
>fonts/Type1 directory and rehashing. The server should use the TTF versions
>instead, but it does not see these fonts at all. This can be fixed using
>xset fp+, but surely the TTF font directory should be included in the path
>2. After xset fp+ and rehash, the TrueType fonts are listed in e.g.
>xfontsel. However, they are not rendered (or are rendered blank)! The same
>is true for my custom-installed TrueType fonts. They worked in XFree86 3.x,
>however, using the same installation procedure.
>Other fonts are fine, but all TrueType fonts are effectively invisible.
>This is on a fresh installation of Cygwin DLL 1.5.5-1 running on Windows
>2000 SP4, with XFree86-bin-4.3.0-6.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html