This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OpenSSL problem ? (Was Re: Pine 4.58 for Cygwin takes a verylong time to close a certain IMAP INBOX)
- From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier <1 at pervalidus dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:31:17 -0200
- Subject: Re: OpenSSL problem ? (Was Re: Pine 4.58 for Cygwin takes a verylong time to close a certain IMAP INBOX)
- References: <Pine.OSF.email@example.com><Pine.CYG.4.58.0311101454270.264@pervalidus> <Pine.CYG.4.58.0311101932570.904@edocomputer><Pine.CYG.4.58.0311102345290.1728@pervalidus> <Pine.CYG.4.58.0311102002280.908@edocomputer><Pine.CYG.4.58.0311110048230.1144@pervalidus><Pine.OSF.firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.CYG.4.58.0311110113180.3288@pervalidus><Pine.OSF.email@example.com><Pine.CYG.4.58.0311110141330.3288@pervalidus> <20031111152943.GA2396@cygbert.vinschen.de>
nOn Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 01:52:36AM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > OK, so here's what turns out to be an OpenSSL issue. All thanks
> > to Eduardo.
> > On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Eduardo Chappa wrote:
> > > *** Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote on Nov 11, 2003:
> > >
> > > :) > Is there any delay?
> > > :)
> > > :) Yes.
> > >
> > > Ok, this means that the problem is not Pine. It's openssl. You may want to
> > > repeat the experiment and see if
> > >
> > > openssl s_client -connect mail.postaccesslite.com:993
> > >
> > > a logout
> > >
> > > repeats the problem.
> > Yes, it does, and may be easier for others to try to reproduce.
> > > In any case, the problem is not Pine. You may want to contact
> > > the openssl maintainer to see what s/he says.
> > At first I'm redirecting it to the Cygwin mailing-list since it
> > works on Linux.
> > For those of you who aren't aware, all started with
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00295.html
> > How to reproduce it:
> > $ openssl s_client -connect mail.postaccesslite.com:993
> > ...
> > a logout
> > * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
> > a OK LOGOUT completed
> > read:errno=0
> > It takes around a minute to return to the shell prompt after
> > the 'a logout'.
> > Eduardo couldn't reproduce it.
> Me neither. Seems to be a local problem.
I don't see what could be wrong with my installation.
Anyway, any steps I can do to debug it are appreciated.
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html