This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building gcc on cygwin w/ Herman Ten Brugge's bounds checkingpatch
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:28:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Building gcc on cygwin w/ Herman Ten Brugge's bounds checkingpatch
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Bill Priest wrote:
I've built gcc w/ the bounds checking patch on Linux
and solaris and am trying to build it on cygwin (w/
cygwin modified source from setup). With tweak to
one file I've been able to get it to bootstrap w/o
any errors and the resulting C compiler will work
w/o specifying "-fbounds-checking". But I get a seg
fault when specifying "-fbounds-checking". Has anyone
been able to build gcc w/ this patch?? I'm sure the
problem is parts of the patch that don't apply cleanly
vs. the cygwin patches.
I had downloaded this but not tried it yet. If you get it
working it would be "interesting" to recompile Cygwin and
all of its packages and see what happens. We have most of
the core dumps out of our local Cygwin setup but there are
still some happening from time to time...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html