This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl page fault - old news ??
- From: John K <joki at eskimo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:01:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: Perl page fault - old news ??
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20031022075335.A22088@ms>
Greg Matheson wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
John K wrote:
I'm learning Cygwin and Perl. Perl is currently 5.8.0 under Windows
98. I have run setup today so I think everything is current.
$ perldoc CGI
results in a Windows pop which contains ...
PERL caused an invalid page fault in
module FCNTL.DLL at 017f:00b931b8.
I use Perl 5.8.0, DBI and CPAN on Cygwin. Never had any page faults. I
suggest you think that the problem lies outside of this and that perhaps
your Cygwin installation is a bit faulty.
Are you on Windows98?
Yes. FWIW these faults seem to occur much the same way on two different
W98 installs (different hardware too).
I did try 5.8.1(?) but didn't get as far with perldoc or CPAN.
It seems like DBI and PgPP work (haven't failed on newbie testing - I
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html