This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc 3.3.1-3, loading .la files from gcj-compiled apps
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Marcus G. Daniels" <mgd at santafe dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 07 Nov 2003 13:31:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.3.1-3, loading .la files from gcj-compiled apps
- References: <3FA5590F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus G Daniels <email@example.com> writes:
Marcus> Would it be possible to add a -D_WIN32 to the libjava/libltdl
Marcus> Makefile for Cygwin?
It looks like it would be a bit more in line with existing code to
just add it to libltdl/ltdl.h.
Could you look at how the upstream libltdl handles it? We
occasionally talk about importing a new version, I wonder if that
would fix this for you.
Marcus> Also, I found I had to duplicate the stack copy of `buf' in
Marcus> java::lang::Runtime:_load in order to avoid it getting wiped
Marcus> out from the the exception getting caught.
Could you be more explicit about this? Catching an exception
shouldn't trash this array... if it does, doesn't that mean there is a
bug somewhere else?
The ltdl.c patch looks ok-ish, provided (as you noted) it is cleaned
up to be cygwin specific. Again, ideally we'd do this via the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html