This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Printable information in executables
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Alex Vinokur" <alexvn at connect dot to>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:56:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: Printable information in executables
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
Monday, November 3, 2003, 6:04:41 AM, you wrote:
> Executable files contain various printable information.
> For instance, list of used DLLs.
> However those files contain neither compiler name nor compiler version.
> It seems to be worth including something like "gcc version 3.3.1 (cygming
> special)" in executables.
> Next question. Is it possible to add 'user related printable
> information' to executables (through compilation option or something
You could use resource files.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html