This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Segmentation Fault of ssh3.7.1 with cygwin1.5.5-1 in W95.
- From: Christian Weinberger <christian dot weinberger at directbox dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:00:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault of ssh3.7.1 with cygwin1.5.5-1 in W95.
- References: <200310281901.h9SJ1GAb015767@pion.ivic.ve>
Rodrigo Medina <email@example.com> wrote in
> I have been using cygwin 1.3.22 in a W95 machine with no problems.
> I am now installing cygwin 1.5.5 in another W95 machine. I get the
> following crash:
> bash-2.05b$ ssh -l rmedina pion
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> Rodrigo Medina
My further tests showed up that my ssh crash had a different cause:
I´ve two users, root and ssh. ssh is the owner for the sshd that I run.
When I call "ssh localhost" from each of the two users, it works fine.
But when I do a su to switch to the other user, the ssh call crashes.
When I use login to change to the other user, everythings works fine.
So this seems to be a "su" issue. I read somewhere that su is no longer
supported. Is this still true?
Hope this may help for further development!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html