This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync to between workgroups
- From: "Vince Hoffman" <vince dot hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- To: "Matt Miller" <mmiller at mailsnare dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:35:15 -0000
- Subject: Re: rsync to between workgroups
- References: <3FA18C4A.email@example.com>
[snip lots of relevant info]
> I've tried using CYGWIN=ntsec and CYGWIN=nontsec. Doesn't seem to make
> a difference.
When you say you have tried CYGWIN=ntsec and CYGWIN=nontsec
do you mean as a system or user variable ?
also have you tried setting it to CYGWIN=nontsec using the -e switch to
cygrunsrv ? (ie in the services environment)
(I have it workingt fine between 2 standalone servers, files just inherit
the containing folders permissions)
I'm assuming files created through explorer have correct permissions.
> Each time I run the rsync, I end up with permissions like CREATOR OWNER
> (ALL), CREATOR GROUP(RX), WebAdmin Special Access(RWXD), EVERYONE Read
> (RX), USERS Special Access(RX). These are not the permissions that
> existed before the rsync. I want the permissions to stay the same.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html