This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin deadlocks due to broken select() when writing to pipes
- From: "Dylan Cuthbert" <dylan at q-games dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:44:54 +0900
- Subject: Re: Cygwin deadlocks due to broken select() when writing to pipes
- References: <20031031033119.611A4E55A@carnage.curl.com>
This could explain my problems running rsync as a cronjob and having the
tasks hang for long periods of time (they do terminate eventually). Its a
real pain when I try and log out or shutdown, as windows can't seem to
forcibly terminate the tasks (because they are spawned by a SYSTEM task -
the cron daemon - I suppose) and so just sits there for 30 minutes to an
hour trying to shutdown or log off. I can't even ctrl-alt-del to bring up
the task manager because I presume windows has gone into some internal
system time-out loop of some kind.
Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html