This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PATH: getting the order right
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:11:07 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PATH: getting the order right
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 email@example.com wrote:
> I like putting c:\;c:\Cygwin\bin;c:\Cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin before
> c:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem in my Windows path.
> For the first tine I am using a computer that is administered by somebody
> else (I hate this more than I can say) and in My Computer -> Properties ->
> Advanced -> Environment variables I find the System-defined path (what I
> want to come 2nd) necessarly precedes the User-defined path. Can anybody
> help me fix this ordering? Thank you. Fergus
Either use bash or create a batch file and set the PATH there... E.g.,
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html