This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Mark Rissman <rissman at winresources dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:03:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: proftpd
- References: <BA9616F8350FB549952FC2A2CE4EA8CA63E6D7@redondo.winresources.com>
Please post instead of sending private email.
On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 11:03:51AM -0700, Mark Rissman wrote:
> Any thoughts as to why proftpd service won't start on WinXP. I
> followed your article about making it a service.
See the following:
> If I try to run manually I get.
> $ /usr/sbin/proftpd
> 255.255.255.255 - unable to set uid to 18, current uid: 11025
The above wont work. Use the "at trick" if you want to run proftpd
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html