This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot log on as user - admin okay
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Uwe Dippel <udippel at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:03:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Cannot log on as user - admin okay
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 25 Oct 2003, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Tried archives, google, erdelynet; but no answer or unrelated.
> Newbie on XP.
> Install okay, can log on locally (XP) as admin and users. Remote logon
> (Linux - ssh) works for admin of XP box only; not for any of the users
> on that XP box. I tried some of those posts suggesting mkpasswd and
> mkgroup; no success. In all cases I get
> Permission denied, please try again.
> when entering the password (keyboard).
> Any help appreciated !
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html