This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cannot Start Cron
- From: "Harig, Mark" <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "Buck Turgidson" <jc_va at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:28:27 -0400
- Subject: RE: Cannot Start Cron
1. From your cygcheck.txt:
> Found: C:\WINNT40\grep.exe
> Found: d:\cygwin\bin\grep.exe
> Warning: C:\WINNT40\grep.exe hides d:\cygwin\bin\grep.exe
Please check your C:\WINNT40 for other utilities,
such as 'cron.exe'. Consider deleting these
programs, or moving them to another directory
in your PATH.
3. Please examine your /var/log/cron.log to see
if it provides any useful messages.
4. Please provide a copy of your crontab:
$ crontab -l > crontab.txt
5. Run the following command to check your
$ cygcheck -c | fgrep Incomplete
If any packages are listed, then consider
running 'setup.exe' and selecting the
Also, at some point, consider the possibility of
converting your C drive's file system from FAT
to NTFS, if doing that conversion won't cause
other problems. Windows provides the 'convert'
command for this purpose.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html