This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot Start Cron
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Buck Turgidson <jc_va at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:11:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Cannot Start Cron
- References: <BAY1-DAV12bnCndg5oQ00001c1a@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Buck Turgidson wrote:
> I am trying to start cron on a new installation of Cygwin on NT. My start
> script looks like this:
> cygrunsrv --stop cron
> cygrunsrv --remove cron
> cygrunsrv --install cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D
> cygrunsrv --start cron
> But I get the following error. If anyone recognizes it, and has any
> suggestions, I'd be grateful.
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
> The service has not been started.
Look in the Windows "Application" event log for the exact error.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html