This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Q: mixing MSVC++ and gcc C++ libs/dlls ?
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <blytkerchan at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:19:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: Q: mixing MSVC++ and gcc C++ libs/dlls ?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:21:32PM +0200, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> The FAQ tells me that only C object files can be mixed.
> Is this true for MS .NET and gcc 3.x since I expect both to be conform to the
> ABI standard ?
What ABI standard would that be?
Anyway, gcc and MSVC don't use the same name mangling (decoration) schemes for
C++ so you will not be able to mix the two. Also note that different versions
if g++ don't always mix well either..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html