Executing programs. Cygwin on NT vs XP

Hi.
I installed cygwin on NT and on XP. the NT
installation works great. I
compiled the same program using make on both (the
program name is
fid.exe).
Now, on XP I go to the directory where the executable
is and I have to
type "./fid" to execute it. The program doesen't run
well either (it
is not reading a config file in the same directory)
On NT, on the other hand, I go to the directory where
the executable
sits and i can call it just by typing "fid", and
everything works
perfectly.
Any advice?...
Thanks...
Francisco.

=====
Francisco.
panchoi@netzero.net

"Hoy puede ser un gran dia, plantéatelo así. Aprovecharlo, que pase de largo, depende en parte de tí."

 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Gandhi