This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ProFTPD 1.2.9rc2: "missing /var/log/wtmp"
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Grossniklaus Bruno <grossnik dot mailinglists at bluewin dot ch>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:33:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: ProFTPD 1.2.9rc2: "missing /var/log/wtmp"
- References: <3F710B1D00098EEA@mssbzhh-int.msg.bluewin.ch>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Grossniklaus Bruno wrote:
> Hello Igor
> >/var/log/wtmp should be created by the cygutils package postinstall
> cygutils does not have a postinstall script (?)
Oops, you're right. It used to, though, back in 2002, and that's what I
found on my system... Apparently, nothing else attempts to create
/var/log/wtmp, though. I wonder why Chuck decided to ditch the
postinstall script? In any case, as I said before, /var/log/wtmp should
be created ('touch'ed, most likely) by the packages that need it.
> $ cygcheck.exe -c | grep cygu
> cygutils 1.2.1-2 OK
FYI, you can use "cygcheck -cd | grep cygu" to greatly speed up the
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html