This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AW: Patch for building libcrypt.a as a DLL
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:15:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: AW: Patch for building libcrypt.a as a DLL
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <JGEMLHPCGMNLEIGOCPMGOEFKIGAA.Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
>> Libutil.a is deprecated and will not be part of future inetutils
>> releases anymore.
> Only for cygwin or for the whole unix/linux world ?
> It seems that some linux based packages (as far as I know kde releated
> package) are using libutil as default, which requires additional patching.
> For this it would help, building a special import library containing the
> libutil relating symbols pointing to the cygwin dll like done with
Isn't there a confiure check which tests if the symbols in question are
available in the C library and if not whether libutil is available and
if so use this? This is the usual autotool way, e.g for iconv() (IIRC).
Isn't it possible to push these kind of changes upstream (if changes are
needed to configure)?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html