From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm@cygwin.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: long timeouts on shutdown/log off
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:34:28 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:53:54AM +0900, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
>Stranger and stranger.
>
>As there are only 3 in the task list it means that quite a few of the
>cron jobs are finishing ok.  (I run it every hour)
>
>But more importantly, why can't winxp kill those tasks properly when I
>log off or shutdown?  And why has it only started happening in this
>latest version of cygwin?

I'm glad to see that cygwin is so powerful that it can create unkillable
processes.  It warms my heart to see that it is gaining in strength and
ability.  Soon, you won't be able to turn off your machine at all if
cygwin is running on it.  At that point, cygwin's true insidious purpose
will finally be revealed.

cgf