This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Widechar file functions
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at future dot shiny dot co dot il
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:14:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Widechar file functions
- References: <20031017135628.GA19242@furr.shiny.co.il>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 03:56:28PM +0200, Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
>I assume the correct way is to load the relevant Widechar functions via
>GetProcAddress and use them if they exist AND a "Cygwin expects UTF-8
>char* in file functions" flag was turned on.
>This flag should be runtime rather than compile time, so that each
>application could define it for itself.
There is a lot more involved than that. Many C strings would need to be
changed to Unicode. This is a huge change.
>Are there any plans to make those changes in the near future?
No, there are no such plans.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html