This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is there a 'ping' in Cygwin?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:03:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is there a 'ping' in Cygwin?
- References: <3F9280FC@epostleser.online.no>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:41:38PM +0200, Peter J. Acklam wrote:
> "Hughes, Bill" <Bill.Hughes@cox.co.uk> wrote:
> > Apologies if this is as dumb as it seems to me,
> > but is 'ping' available in Cygwin from the prompt?
> If you have installed "inetutils", yes.
Ping isn't part of inetutils. The right answer is, you have ping if
you're running the Windows subsystem on your Cygwin machine.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html