This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Starting postgres as root
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Mahesh Pawar <Mahesh dot Pawar at mphasis dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:00:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Starting postgres as root
- References: <3A970FE20927274D9F3236D08048F3272C88F4@mtrdex02.corp.mphasis.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:01:38PM +0530, Mahesh Pawar wrote:
> I would like to start postgres while my linux m/c is booting.
> For testing I checked following commnd as root .
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> and got error
> You cannot run initdb as root. Please log in (using, e.g., 'su')
> as the (unprivileged) user that will own the server process.
> What changes i need to do
Ask on a Linux or postgresql related mailing list. firstname.lastname@example.org
isn't the right forum to ask this question.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html