RE: Bash extremely slow when started via task scheduler

From: Jason Tishler [mailto:jason@tishler.net]
>Why not use cron instead?
>
>Jason

Thank you for suggestion but it's an application server managed by
non-UNIX 'mouse users' which may manually start the task, so it should
be simple for them.

It seems that not having an output window slows down the script
dramatically on each 'echo'.

As workaround I started the script with another bash (to access cygwin
/dev/null) , it work just fine now but it's a bit ugly (bash forking
bash...) so any better idea will be appreciated:

Before:

	bash myscript

Has been replaced by:

	bash -c "bash myscript >/dev/null </dev/null"

I really don't know why 'echo' is behaving like this.

Pascal