This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: "Peter J. Acklam" <pjacklam at online dot no>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:13:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3F87435C@epostleser.online.no>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> "Gerrit @ cygwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This ia a problem with MakeMaker. It just looks for .a
>> libraries and doesn't see the .dll.a import library, I thought
>> it was fixed, which version of perl are you using?
> I am using Perl 5.8.0-5, with MakeMaker version 6.17.
I'll see if I can find the fix again and then will ask the maintainer
why it is still failing.
>> As a workaround try creating a symlink libgmp.dll.a libgmp.a or
>> create an empty libgmp.a in /usr/lib.
> I made the symlink
> /usr/lib/libgmp.a -> /usr/lib/libgmp.dll.a
> and it now builds, but with many errors:
I wrote the maintainer about it, cannot say what the problem is.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html