This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin on 486 running NT3.51!
- From: robert w hall <bobh at n-cantrell dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:39:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin on 486 running NT3.51!
- References: <CLiHfMAl9ZZ$Ew9F@n-cantrell.demon.co.uk><Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for this reply
Sorry for delay in acknowledging
(It was in my win4lin-win95 system which got corrupted!).
In message <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>, Igor
Pechtchanski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes
>On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, robert w hall wrote:
>> Does current cygwin work
>> on a 486 (Intel DX4-75) running NT3.51?
>> (Sorry, broken thread)
>AFAIK, Cygwin should work on NT 3.51 (with, possibly, some other things
>installed, e.g. IE5), though it's not regularly tested on this OS. As for
>using a 486, I believe I saw some packages explicitly require Pentium and
>higher in their configure flags. You'll just have to test and see.
>Unless someone (CGF?) steps in with a statement that pre-Pentium
>architectures aren't supported by Cygwin, please report any errors you get
>to this list. Otherwise, you're pretty much on your own.
robert w hall
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html