This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ash woes. [Was: Re: Installation & Uninstallation issues ]
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:37:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Ash woes. [Was: Re: Installation & Uninstallation issues ]
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:54:51PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> The problem recently reported by Tim Dierks in
> turns out to be identical to the one investigated in
> The scripts are executable but ash refuses to execute them.
> Ash uses various methods to make that decision, none of which
> is correct. It should be patched to use access(), as it already
> does for its built-in test. PTC.
AFAICS, this should only affect commands given with absolute paths,
see beginning of function exec.c::find_command().
I'll upload a patched ash in a minute. Could you give it a test?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html