This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin_setup.exe comments...
- From: "Hannu E K Nevalainen \(garbage mail\)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com>
- To: "ML CygWIN" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:17:25 +0200
- Subject: RE: Cygwin_setup.exe comments...
> > Are you implying that setup isn't that well coded? ;-)
> > I have yet to look at the code.
Robert Collins said:
> Please do, before you redesign from scratch.
Ehrm? Is this to be ironic or some such? :-}
Sorry to disappoint you if so; my language skills doesn't cover that :-p -
and secondarily; I'm not likely to have the time to do the redesign alone
> Setup is not factored out into a solid MVC or equivalent framework
> today, and we are slowly working towards that.
MVC - Model, View, Controller - VEYR NICE. THANK YOU!!
This very moment you put a name onto something that I have been
contemplating all alone 'on my chamber'. My B.Sc. classes did NOT cover this
kind of stuff (e.g. GUI creation) - not very strange really as they were
more hardware oriented.
Do you (anybody else?) mind elaborating this a bit, maybe better off list?
My peculiar email address DOES work, just send away, I'll be eagerly
I'm not asking/expecting you to *teach* me!
Please, just take a few minutes and tell me those tiny bits and pieces that
makes it possible for me to get some kind of a grip of the concept, what
tools/books/... there are or you know about - and so on...
One more PLEASE: words and acronyms that are fit for *googling*
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59°16.37'N, 17°12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02 --
e.g. I wonder about:
- Are you using some specific tool for setup?
- If not, please give me some hints(pointers) on how you do it.
- Are there free/GPL/LGPL/BSD tools to do this?
- Names of commercial software?
- There seems to be a stale project on sf.net (xmtpp below, 10KB file),
do you know anything about it?
(Registered: 2000-10-30 05:27, last file date Nov 6, 2000)
- j-struts/MVC 2 seems to be a web/java adaption... good reading?
--END OF MESSAGE--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html