This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: telnet, ftp unknown service
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:02:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: telnet, ftp unknown service
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:48:58AM +0200, V D wrote:
> suddenly telnet, ftp, rlogin stopped running last tuesday, I did not change
> anything, I have a w2k/cygwin :
> CYGWIN_NT-5.0 nbvdu01 1.5.5(0.94/3/2) 2003-09-20 16:31 i686 unknown unknown
> I re-install some parts of cygwin package (login, cygwin engine) and
> strangely telnet only works when used with Expect, but does not work from a
> bash !!!
I can't reproduce this, trying with ftp and slogin. Can you send an
strace of a failing ftp session to this list, please?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html