This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/usr/bin/su.exe in sh-utils always fails
- From: David Starks-Browning <david at starks-browning dot com>
- To: Matt Swift <swift at alum dot mit dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:47:29 +0100
- Subject: /usr/bin/su.exe in sh-utils always fails
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Monday 29 Sep 03, Matt Swift writes:
> The Cygwin FAQ says that there is no `su' command in recent versions
> of Cygwin, The sh-utils package, however, currently contains an `su'
> command, but it doesn't work. The shell transcript below illustrates
> the problem. You have to trust me that I offer the same password to
> `su' as I do to `ssh'.
So the FAQ should point out that the su from sh-utils doesn't work,
instead of saying that there is no su command. I'll update it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html