Re: rsync protocol error

Mark Thornton wrote:

I am attempting to use rsync 2.5.6 to transfer files between two XP machines. On one machine rsync is run as a daemon (either via cygrunsrv or just from a bash shell). A copy of a small number of files from the daemon machine to my local machine has succeeded, however all attempts to transfer anything in the other direction result in a protocol error:

Further information: using rsync via ssh mostly works apart from a hang at the end. I notice that this is a known problem where the host is a dual processor (a hyperthreaded P4 in my case). My cygwin version is 1.5.5, so I presume that this problem has not been fixed.

Mark Thornton