This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Strange make [Error 255] (cygwin bug?)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Fodor Bertalan <fodber at freemail dot hu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:45:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Strange make [Error 255] (cygwin bug?)
- References: <002301c3827f$40e40a50$8006fea9@bertigep>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Fodor Bertalan wrote:
> I'm compiling lilypond for cygwin. When running this very very long line it
> stops with an Error 255. This is strange, because if I run this very very
> long line alone, i.e. directly from shell, it runs perfectly. It can be run
> either from command line or from a script.
> Is it a cygwin bug?
It's possible your $SHELL or $PATH is set to something weird in make.
Error 255 usually means that a command was not found.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html