This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup cant open package database error?
- From: Tim Gunter <tgun at bioscrypt dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:33:49 -0700
- Subject: Setup cant open package database error?
- Reply-to: tim dot gunter at bioscrypt dot com
While trying to update my installation of cygwin, I received
a "Can't open package Database for writing: file exists"
error. When I re-run setup, it downloads, tries to install
the updates again, and fails the same way.
When I run "cygcheck -c" i get the following:
Cygwin Package Information
No setup information found
Is there some easy way to rebuild this information?
I did have a cygwin shell open when I did the update,
could this be part of the problem?
I have also deleted, and moved around some of the tarballs
and "setup.log" files that past updates have created, surely
this isn't an issue though(right?).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html