This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin 1.5.5 Configuration problem
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Hughes, Bill" <Bill dot Hughes at cox dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:25:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: Cygwin 1.5.5 Configuration problem
- References: <4989AFD7505BD611961B0002A5DA3E740382BE28@NNHML2>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Hughes, Bill wrote:
> Why is it I always find the problem after I post?
> There was no /etc/profile in my installation.
> I copied one from another machine and my installation appears OK, except for
> the man problem.
> I don't know if /etc/profile is mssing from the distribution or something
> happened to mine.
> Bill Hughes
Did you install the "base-files" package? The postinstall script should
have created an /etc/profile for you (by copying it from
/etc/defaults/etc/profile). If it failed, there should be a message in
/var/log/setup.log.full (unless you ran setup after that, in which case
that file will have been overwritten).
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html