This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nasm-0.98.38-1
- From: Dean Scarff <d_scarff at bigpond dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:08:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: nasm-0.98.38-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
nasm-0.98.38-1 is now available for download.
Many many developers all over the net respect NASM for what it is
- a widespread (thus netwide), portable (thus netwide!), very
flexible and mature assembler tool with support for many output
formats (thus netwide!!).
Upstream news from the CHANGES file:
* Add Makefile for 16-bit DOS binaries under OpenWatcom, and modify
mkdep.pl to be able to generate completely pathless dependencies, as
required by OpenWatcom wmake (it supports path searches, but not
* Fix the STR instruction.
* Fix the ELF output format, which was broken under certain
circumstances due to the addition of stabs support.
* Quick-fix Borland format debug-info for -f obj
* Fix for %rep with no arguments (#560568)
* Fix concatenation of preprocessor function call (#794686)
* Fix long label causes coredump (#677841)
* Use autoheader as well as autoconf to keep configure from generating
ridiculously long command lines.
* Make sure that all of the formats which support debugging output
actually will suppress debugging output when -g not specified.
* Docs are now in /usr/share for FHS compliancy.
* Linked with Cygwin 1.5.4-1.
* Added Charles Bilyue's coff patch. This adds a new coff output format
that will link properly with Cygwin. Use it like:
nasm -f gnuwin32 mycoff.asm
gcc mycoff.o myc.c
As always, you should conduct an appropriate level of testing before using
any new product in your production environment.
Dean Scarff, announced 21 September, 2003
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'nasm' from the
If you want to make a point or ask a question concerning the package, the
Cygwin mailing list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email
to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html