This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: text setup
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Krzysztof Duleba <krzysan at skrzynka dot pl>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:19:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: text setup
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> I use Cygwin along with Win2k. Is it possible to update the software in
> text mode (access only via ssh)?
There is currently no way to do a text-mode setup. There is, however, a
way to run setup unattended via ssh. Search the list archives for
"unattended setup". You'll probably need to configure the ssh service to
allow interaction with the desktop.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html