This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packaging error in the latest libguile12-1.6.4-12 ?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:05:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Packaging error in the latest libguile12-1.6.4-12 ?
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Volker Zell writes:
> > libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-v-1.la
> > libguile-srfi-srfi-4-v-1.la
> > libguilereadline-v-12.la
> > whereas they should be instead under /usr/lib (in the package
> > guild-devel-1.6.4-12) I think.
> No, this is correct. These are dlopened and need to be in PATH. Try:
> guile -c '(use-modules (srfi srfi-4) (srfi srfi-13) (srfi srfi-14))'
Aren't the names a bit misleading, then? The .la files are supposed to be
libtool library files, i.e., plain text. If they are dlopened, they
should be named .dll, right? Or am I missing something?
It's ok to keep dlls in one directory (or even package), and import libs
(.la) in another (as long as the .la files reflect this fact). In fact,
since there's a guile-devel package, shouldn't the libtool import libs
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html