This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can .lib files be converted to .a files?
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <blytkerchan at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:24:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can .lib files be converted to .a files?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 09:45:06AM -0400, craig grossbach wrote:
> Does someone know of a way to convert a .lib file to it's
> .a counterpart? I need to get pcscal32.lib to be
> libpcscal32.a. Thank you.
If pcscal32.lib was written in C and compiled by MSVC, just rename it.
If it was not written in C, you're out of luck: there are ABI differences
that you won't be able to get around without recompiling.
If it was not compiled by MSVC (or something compatible), you'll have to use
whatever your compiler offers to convert it - if anything. Otherwise,
recompiling is the only thing you can do.
Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
-- Hunter S. Thompson
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html