This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't get list of download sites. Make sure your network settings are connect and try again.
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: tabasse <tabasse at netcourrier dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:29:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Can't get list of download sites. Make sure your network settings are connect and try again.
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 05:30 PM 9/16/2003, tabasse you wrote:
>I get this error when running setup.exe :
>Can't get list of download sites. Make sure your network settings are connect and try again.
>I use a firewall : norton internet security...
>Can someone help me ?
Sounds like the firewall is the problem to me. Did you try the
suggestion given? If IE works for you in your configuration, you
should try "Use IE5 Settings". Otherwise, choose the "Use HTTP/FTP Proxy"
setting in setup and configure it for your firewall if necessary.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html