This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AW: [PATCH] package base-files: fix no global set of profile.dsettings
- From: John Morrison <john dot rmorrison at ntlworld dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:35:43 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: AW: [PATCH] package base-files: fix no global set of profile.dsettings
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi Igor,
> >This has already been reported (and should be fixed in the next release of
> >base-files). You should be able to find the relevant messages in the
> >cygwin-apps archives. FYI, your patch is not space-in-filename-friendly.
> thanks for this note, I will wait for the next release. Could anyone say,
> when this release will be available ?
I believe that this has been fixed for a while (sorry, I can't remember
the version). The current version is 2.5-1.
You should be aware however, that a new /etc/profile *does not* overwrite
an old one (this is incase the user has made some modifications) so you
will have to do:
cp /etc/defaults/etc/profile /etc/profile
All the best,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html