This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XP and /tmp directory
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Robert Pollard <rpollard at apple dot com>, Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:27:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: XP and /tmp directory
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 02:45 PM 9/15/2003, Robert Pollard you wrote:
>I have a situation where when i start cygwin, the program say's i have to create a folder /tmp.
>I saw one response to this post but it didn't give any detail as to what the permanent solution would be. In other words, what do I have to do to make the program see /tmp wherever it is.
>Any ideas, thought, etc. are much appreciated.
'mkdir /tmp' from the bash prompt. Or make a symlink to an
existing directory you want to use as /tmp. Or mount a directory
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html