This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin on 486 running NT3.51!
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: robert w hall <bobh at n-cantrell dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:39:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: cygwin on 486 running NT3.51!
- References: <CLiHfMAl9ZZ$Ew9F@n-cantrell.demon.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, robert w hall wrote:
> Does current cygwin work
> on a 486 (Intel DX4-75) running NT3.51?
> (Sorry, broken thread)
AFAIK, Cygwin should work on NT 3.51 (with, possibly, some other things
installed, e.g. IE5), though it's not regularly tested on this OS. As for
using a 486, I believe I saw some packages explicitly require Pentium and
higher in their configure flags. You'll just have to test and see.
Unless someone (CGF?) steps in with a statement that pre-Pentium
architectures aren't supported by Cygwin, please report any errors you get
to this list. Otherwise, you're pretty much on your own.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html