This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Sam Steingold <sds at gnu dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 13 Sep 2003 11:01:56 -0400
- Subject: bash-2.05b-14 broken!
- Organization: disorganization
- Reply-to: sds at gnu dot org
PS1="\[\e[33;1m\]\t\[\e[m\] \[\e[36;1m\]\w [\#]\\$\[\e[m\] "
there are two spaces after "$", not one as it should be
(and as it was with bash-2.05b-13 and on all the other unixes).
another manifestation of the same bug: when the command line is folded,
it folds one extra line.
apparently, the prompt output code prints one extra space which it does
not account for internally.
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html