This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on external drive?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Zeilhofer, Peter" <Peter dot Zeilhofer at fujitsu-siemens dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:35:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on external drive?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <2BFFCAFAC0A7D4119FE7009027FD762204DC83F8@mchrd21e.mch.fsc.net>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 um 11:32 schriebst du:
> I moved a complete perfectly working Cygwin-configuration with
> Apache and SSL from C:\cygwin to F.\cygwin an external 40GB disk
> drive (connected via USB) and tried to get it running, but it will
> not work. I must say that I have expected problems. Should this be
> possible after a straight installation on an external drive from the
> I think I found a hint in some faq that installation on C:\cygwin is
> not mandatory.
> Thanks in advance :-)
Works well for me with the correct mounts. But using services which
are running under 'Local System' account doesn't work because Windows
'mounts' (Shared Drives/Folders) are only visible to the user but not
to the system.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html