This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Antw: Re: cygwin python 2.3 oddity
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Olivier Lefevre <Olivier dot Lefevre at biocrates dot at>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:53:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Antw: Re: cygwin python 2.3 oddity
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030911215814.GA9634@redhat.com>
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:58:14PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:55:10PM +0200, Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> >OK, so I upgraded everything and now with python 2.3.2 it works.
> >Weird. I didn't change anything else.
When I built Python 2.3-2, I didn't change anything either -- I just
built against Cygwin 1.5.x.
> >However, following up on my own suggestion re. truss, I found about
> >strace and wanted to try it but:
> > bash-2.05b$ strace python
> > strace.exe: error creating process python, (error 2)
> >Is this a known issue? It's not mentioned in python-2.3.README, at
> >any rate.
> python is a symlink. strace doesn't grok symlinks.
Try the following:
$ strace -o python.log python2.3.exe
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html