This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: win2k "resource" exhaustion problem - no Cygwin programs will run
- From: Luc Hermitte <hermitte at free dot fr>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:57:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: win2k "resource" exhaustion problem - no Cygwin programs will run
- References: <email@example.com>
* On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 01:41:41PM -0700, james pentland <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> i have a bash script which apparently causes an
> exhaustion of system resources.
> which "resources" i am unclear about - it does not
> seem to be memory.
> ./yawfu-sh: line 7: /usr/bin/sed: Permission denied
It looks like a problem several people are experimenting.
Lately, someone exposed a link between this problem and Agnitum Outpost
(a firewall) that seems to forget to free some resources. This sounds
plausible, from my point of view, as I also have Outpost and I'm
experimenting this problem.
[BTW, Rampage was evoked as a possible workaround, but it had no
positive effect on my system.]
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html