This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: package _version_ check
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Sam Steingold <sds at gnu dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:02:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: package _version_ check
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Sam Steingold wrote:
> how do I check that the installed package foo was built against cygwin
> 1.5 and not 1.3?
I doubt there's a utility that'd tell you that. At a guess, if you only
want to distinguish between these two versions, you should be able to call
"strings" on an executable from the package and look at the bottom for
functions added in Cygwin 1.5, but that's only going to tell you if the
package is using new functionality or not.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html