This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: symlink extension shown using 1.5.3
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:14:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: symlink extension shown using 1.5.3
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 12:05:20PM +0200, email@example.com wrote:
> Since I updated to cygwin 1.5.3 and bash 2.0.5b13, symlinks *on* network
> drives are shown by ls including the '.lnk'. They are properly recognized as
> symlinks and it is even possible to, e.g., change the directory using only the
> link name (without '.lnk').
The reason is probably the missing R/O bit on the network drive. Can you
check the properties dialog of one of these files when accessing them
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html