This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: !RE: [PATCH] gcc3/ld patch for direct-linking-to-dll andauto-importsupport
- From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- To: <kde-cygwin at kde dot org>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:52:01 +0200
- Subject: RE: !RE: [PATCH] gcc3/ld patch for direct-linking-to-dll andauto-importsupport
> > > I've tried that with your testcase and it seems to work.
> > >
> > What gcc release you are using ?
> I tested with mingw builds of 3.3.1 and last weeks GCC-head (3.4). They put
> readonly data into .rdata$ sections if -fdata-sections but in .text otherwise.
> You're correct, though, it is is different in 3.2.x
> > It seems that gcc3.2 (which is the recent
> > cygwin release) does not support this. (See the ! below)
> > Are there any other gcc options to archive this ?
> Not that I know of. A -mrdata-in-rdata :) switch would be handy.
What should we do ?
1. wait until gcc 3.3 is in the cygwin net distribution and forgot this patch.
2. Apply this patch as it is.
3. Extend this patch with .rdata$ support like you have done and apply this all
to ensure propper working for current and further gcc3 release.
I would prefer solution 3. Any objectivies ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html