This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin doesn't show .. in all directories
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:58:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin doesn't show .. in all directories
- References: <Law14-OE61pO8Vk0V1S000098f4@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 12:28:20PM +1000, David O'Shea wrote:
>I didn't see a response to this query. Can someone at least confirm
>that this appears to be a valid bug (just mount some directories and
>take a look I guess!)? Once that happens I can look at how to fix it.
>I had a quick look at the code a month ago and thought it would
>probably be hard to fix but I guess a challenge would be good :)
Do a "dir c:" and then, say, a "dir c:\tmp" and note the difference.
Windows doesn't put a '.' and '..' in the root directories of drives.
Cygwin uses whatever windows provides.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html