This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.hint / ldesc
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Sam Steingold <sds at gnu dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: setup.hint / ldesc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Sam Steingold wrote:
> RPM *.spec lets me include the summary from an external file:
> %(cat SUMMARY)
> can I do something similar with setup.hint/ldesc?
> I don't want to duplicate the same information twice.
No, you can't. However, you can create a "setup.hint.in" with such syntax
and process it to create the actual "setup.hint" during your package build
process. I'm assuming you'd like to package some application which
contains the description in a file that's changed relatively often.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html